Financial Modelling - Consultant
Working closely in conjunction with the partner and the senior team in London team, you will initially learn our methodologies and quality control procedures, and be trained in the use of our various model analysis tools.
International accountancy firm, London office.
- A London-based opportunity exists to join a highly successful national team of 25 professionals providing financial model and assurance services to the global project and infrastructure finance community.
- Provide a range of financial modelling-related services to a large portfolio of global blue-chip corporates, banks, financial institutions and funds in relation to major infrastructure projects.
- These parties are involved in the design, build, finance and operation of multi-million and, in some cases, multi-billion Pound Projects, either in the private sector or under government procurement frameworks.
- The diverse range of projects include: petrochemical plants, LNG trains, water de-salination plants, and IWPP projects in the Middle East; to wind and rail projects across the UK and Europe; to government sponsored transport projects in the Benelux region; to social infrastructure projects to provide new schools and hospitals across the UK.
Your initial role will involve:
- Assisting the lead consultant in the delivery of model audit engagements. This will include: running our analysis tools; review of the detailed underlying model formulae; preparation of queries for the client; assistance in the preparation of reports; testing of sensitivities; assistance with the appraisal of the accounting compliance of the models assumptions. In due course you will be introduced to commercial elements of our work such as the review of key contracts, such as bank credit documents.
- Assisting in the completion of tax and accounting advisory engagements in a support capacity, undertaking research on accounting issues as directed by the lead consultant and liaising with the tax advisor. You may also assist in the drafting of reports.
- Assisting in a support role in the delivery of services to Equity Funds active in the acquisition and disposal of equity in project entities. This may involve: preparation of reports, charts and analysis; modelling sensitivities; amending models for revised assumptions; producing valuations based on a discounted cashflow basis; identifying errors or discrepancies to contracts; and identifying upsides and downsides and quantifying them.
- Depending on your experience there may be potential for candidates with modelling and VBA experience to get involved with model development, but such experience is not presumed.
- CA / ACA / ACCA newly-qualified, or equivalent
- Background or exposure in either Audit, Corporate Finance or Forensics
- An interest in learning about and developing a career in project finance;
- Good project management skills and desire to take ownership of their work;
- A confident self- starter who contributes ideas and shares an interest in helping to grow the business and to grow with it;
- Good commercial skills and judgement;
- An eye for detail and strong logical skills, including confidence in working with Excel and developing this to an advanced level;
- Great written, verbal, and interpersonal skills;
- A candidate that can present confidently and effectively to external clients;
- Strong team working skills.
Salary up to £50,000.