4 days left
- Full time
Frustration! Nope not as in the board game, but something you no doubt experience most days. Not being able to implement the improvements you know will make a difference or just the sheer lack of opportunity for progression. . . we get it.
You would be joining us in a brand-new Outsourcing Directorposition which has been created due to Partners retiring and our Cloud Accounting/Business Services and Finance Outsourcing team joining forces.
Picture this, you would be working closely with Peter Winter our Managing Partner and Paul Woosey, Partner & Head of General Practice to devise and implement a business plan to take the service offering to the next level. Although we already embrace cloud accountingand are a paperless office, the vision is to move your team’s clients to a 100% electronic, subscription-based model, standardise processes across your teams and train staff (UK and Offshore) on the new processes.
All your ideas and hard work will result in a more streamlined, uniform way of working, making the review process simpler and more efficient, needing a light touch review from Managers and Partners. Sounds like bliss doesn’t it? You would be instrumental in making all this happen and developing your career along with the service line.
Along with your up to date technical accounting knowledge your love for developing people will also be put to good use, with the support of our L&D Advisor you will have the opportunity to support your teams development, 15 in the UK and indirect reports in our offshore team. Managing workflow, resource planning, utilising trainees, reviewing work, billing, acting as a mentor to your team and supporting them to achieve their career goals. . .. yep, we thought you did all this already.
Techtechtech, you may have picked up on the fact you would be joining a firm who love technology and can see the added value that comes with automation. This is going to either utilise your experience gained so far or be the itch you need to scratch, perhaps you can see what needs doing in your current role but you don’t have the support to make the changes or implement the tech. . . .you don’t need to worry about that, it’s here in bucket loads.
In addition to working closely with Paul and getting to know your teams’ strengths you will also be managing a small portfolio of complex and interesting clients from the business services side, whilst leading by example when it comes to identifying cross selling opportunities and developing business.
As with any job we think there are a few things that would help you succeed from the start, these include:
- Being Qualified- ACA or ACCA preferred, you will be leading a skilled team, most of which are qualified
- Having similar experience- we envisage this opportunity suiting someone who is currently working as a Senior Manager or Director of a Business Services or Outsourcing department with responsibility for a team
- Change management/Accounting Projects- whilst we don’t expect you to be a change management expert, it would be great if you had some examples of processes you have improved, efficiencies you have implemented and experience of the internal challenges that can arise when it comes to introducing change
- Technically up to date- part of this job initially will require you to roll your sleeves up and manage a portfolio, it won’t be huge, but a complex interesting one
- Xero- this is our software of choice, so experience of working with Xero is required
- Team Leadership- all round people management from recruitment, mentoring, appraisals and identifying training needs, this will form a large part of your job role
- Excel - You probably don’t admit it, but you still get excited by a good Excel spreadsheet and love working your magic with formulas, V-Look Up and all the other mastery Excel is capable of
- Communication skills- being able to chat with everyone, from demanding clients and trainees in your team who need a little support to informing Partners of change (and let’s be honest we all know how that can go at times)
- Driven - this is important, you will need your drive to push through the changes and implement your agreed business plan, to see the bigger picture and be proactive along the way
Employer Checklist, what you need to know about us
19 Partner, Top 50 City based Accountancy Practice - Tick
Career development, pathway to Partnership - Tick
Recognised for staff development - Tick
Flexible benefits package - Tick
Flexible working hours - Tick
Relaxed innovative agile working culture - Tick
If this job sounds up your street but you don’t have a CV ready to go, contact our Recruitment Partner directly via LinkedIn (search Michelle Paoloni, House Recruitment). Failing that hit apply now to send your CV and we will be in touch within 7 working days.
This piece of recruitment for Carter Backer Winter LLP is being managed exclusively by House Recruitment and we do not welcome uninvited applications from agencies.
Apply for Outsourcing Director
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly