The focus of this Financial Accountant role, based in Reading, is to assist the with the production and reporting of monthly Management Account Packs and assist with the reporting of Inventory and Long Term Contract valuation.
This is a fantastic manufacturing and production company based in Reading. They have been through some fantastic growth and are looking to continue this.
Financial Accountant responsibilities:
- Assisting with preparation and submission of monthly management accounts.
- Regular review of budgets for Long Term Contracts to ensure that they can be verified. Investigation into any significant variations to budget or movement to budgets from previous review.
- Review of monthly Inventory movements on Contract ledger. Investigation of any discrepancies.
- Preparation of journal entries to record Inventory and Long Term (Overtime) Contracts in the monthly results.
- Preparing and maintaining account reconciliations such as Fixed Assets, accruals and various reserves.
- Preparing schedules for annual audit and R&D Tax Credit Claim.
- Assisting with preparation of monthly and quarterly forecasts, annual Budget and Long Term Plan.
- Assisting with any other ad hoc financial duties as requested by the Site Manager or Financial Controller.
The successful financial accountant:
- Part Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA).
- Experience in using an ERP system in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of Long Term Contract Accounting and Inventory an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in a role in similar Finance department.
- Intermediate/Advanced level user of Excel.
- Ability to communicate with staff from all levels within the business and with external customers and suppliers.
This Financial Accountant job, based in Reading offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in this area as well as perks & offers unique to the manufacturing and production industry.