3 days left
- Full time
Michael Page has been retained as sole recruiter for this confidential role at an established Independent School who is looking for a qualified accountant to lead on the finance, general administration and facilities of a growing School. This role is initially being recruited as a 12 month FTC, however, as they enter an exciting time in the organisations development, it is likely that this role will grow and develop around the successful individual.
A leading Independent School in Norfolk
The Key Responsibilities of the Bursar will be:
- To prepare budgets and forecasts & maintain cash flow projections
- Advising on general financial policy within the school.
- To take a lead on year end audits and liaising with external stakeholders
- Payment of all salaries and wages, including PAYE, Superannuation and National Insurance Contributions.
- Administering pension schemes for teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Providing end of year financial statements in an accurate and timely manner
- Involvement in the marketing and development of the school.
- To act as the Principal's adviser on employment matters including disciplinary procedures.
- Ensuring that all relevant staff have contracts of employment
- Maintenance of school buildings.
The successful candidate for the Bursar role will:
- Hold a relevant accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CIPFA)
- Have strong financial accounting skills & able to manage large budgets
- Have good communication & presentation skills
- Be able to manage and develop members of staff
- Be committed, efficient, proactive and with high integrity
- Have strong IT skills & commercial awareness
My client is offering up to £45,000 basic salary + Benefits