Job Code: 8914
Location: West Chester, PA
School Brand: Laurel Springs School
City: West Chester
School State: PA
Employment Duration: Full time
The Financial Analyst is primarily focused on supporting Laurel Springs School metric development, financial planning and assessing opportunities for growth. The position also serves to support Laurel Springs School accounting functions. Promoting a positive work environment with respect and professional communications in working with colleagues are key success factors for this position. Development of positive working relationships with cross–functional team members is also an important factor for success.
- Leads sales and revenue metric analysis initiatives by enhancing existing variance and trend analysis of data from various sources and recommending more efficient processes to management.
- Drives analytical assessments of potential opportunities by financial modelling, scenario analysis and recommendation of possible courses of action.
- Supports accounting as it pertains to Laurel Springs School period close functions and reconciliation of transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Partners with the Financial Planning & Analysis team to support Laurel Springs.
- Leads annual budget and periodic forecasting for Laurel Springs School, including analyzing financial status by comparing plans and forecasts with actual results.
- Increases productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements.
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results, as needed.
- Assists the Laurel Springs management in ad–hoc assignments.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or business–related field.
- Minimum of 2 years financial planning and analysis or accounting experience.
- Must be proficient in working with automated accounting and financial systems and software. Experience with NetSuite or Adaptive Planning a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; advanced skills in Excel required.