Financial Analyst (HS-Encounters & RAPS)
Location: Tampa, FL (Henderson Rd) Department: HS–Encounters & RAPS Report to: VP, Revenue Program Mgt–UA
Position is responsible for providing timely, accurate, and actionable data and analysis supporting the department, area, and corporate key initiatives.
- Develop actionable recommendations to management relative to all analysis.
- Oversee outsourced vendor management reporting and payments.
- Calculate profitability reports on appropriate business segments.
- Perform monthly analysis identifying opportunities to reduce cost and utilization.
- Participate in cross functional teams to address key issues facing the organization.
- Evaluate government reimbursement process to determine areas of risk and opportunity.
- Participate in regional initiatives to improve operating results.
- Perform certain regulatory reporting exercises for both state and federal programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Preferred A Master's Degree in a related field
- Required 2 years of experience in financial analysis, preferably in healthcare
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Advanced Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Intermediate Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Intermediate Other Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals, GASB and FASB statements and standards
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Other Ability to use financial systems and related graphics
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses primarily on providing government–sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, as well as individuals in the Health Insurance Marketplace. WellCare serves approximately 5.5 million members nationwide as of September 30, 2018. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 12,000 associates across the country and was ranked a "World's Most Admired Company" in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at . EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, childbirth or related medical condition or other legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Comprehensive Health Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V/SO.