GTH Assurance Associate Position Description Summary
Who we are:
Ernst & Young is a global leader in Assurance, Advisory, Tax, Transaction advisory services (TAS) and Knowledge services. We are committed to doing our part to build a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities, and we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service.
About EY’s Global Talent Hub (“GTH”):
GTH plays a vital role in supporting Ernst & Young’s various service lines and business operations across the world. Over the past few years, GTH has grown exponentially and continues to scale new heights. First set up in 2002, GTH India has come a long way. GTH has grown from a single office in India with 80 employees to five offices in Bangalore, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Trivandrum and Chennai with close to 8000 employees.
About GTH Assurance:
EY gives assurance over the truth and fairness of financial statements when it carries out the audit of those financial statements. At GTH Assurance, practice currently comprises of providing support to global client serving teams in their audits of financial services, manufacturing, technology and many other industry sectors. GTH Assurance associate supports internal EY assurance teams located in various offices across the globe to enable these teams to deliver efficient, flexible and high quality audits under the respective regulation. EY GTH Assurance is looking for highly talented individuals to join as associates to work with globally integrated teams. This is an opportunity to be part of a growing organization and a world class team of professionals, to learn from the best and to work with some of the major clients across industries, across globe.
Job Title : Associate
Department : Assurance GTH
Reporting to : Seniors / Assistant Managers as appropriate
Location : To be determined at the time of interview /offer
The role of a GTH Associate is to carry out routine substantive and controls-based procedures from the GTH India offices supporting the various Global client serving audit teams mostly based in MENA Region. Key expectations for this role are to provide high quality results to these multinational teams, often to a tight deadline.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities in the role of an Assurance Associate:
- Be responsible for delivering highest quality on every task assigned in line with EY Global audit methodology and the expectations of Global audit teams.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of an industry or sector and be aware of technical issues or audit risks.
- Execute & document specific audit procedures as defined by the engagement objectives, local team’s work step allocation and planned audit approach.
- Build knowledge about risk management which includes understanding significant business processes, regulation applicable to the client, other risks specific to a client’s business.
- Timely identification of accounting and auditing issues, clearly document the facts and findings, and discuss with GTH senior/Assistant Manager.
- Work with the GTH senior and global team members to set goals and responsibilities.
- Interact with the global audit team on a regular basis and develop productive working relationship with them.
- Contribute ideas for improvement by comparing efficiency of audit procedures performed across different clients.
- Contributes to a positive team environment by demonstrating consistent commitment and optimism towards work challenges.
- Promote EY’s ethical and professional standards, including data confidentiality.
- Develop knowledge of use of EY technology and tools to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
Qualification and Competencies:
- Must be a ACCA affiliate
- Must have 0–2 years of relevant post-qualification experience
- Must be able to independently handle assurance projects
- Must have expert knowledge of accounting (IFRS desirable) and auditing standards
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of accounting and audit concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and good written & oral communication skills.
- Proficient with MS office and Outlook.
- Robust logical and reasoning skills.
- Interest in business and commerciality.
- Team player, with the ability to multi-task, flexible and can work under pressure.
- Commitment to continuous learning and proactively implement onto new processes.
Date: 25th &26th Aug 2019
Venue: Four Points, Infopark, Phase 1 Campus, Infopark PO, Kakkanad, Kochi, 682042
Time: 10.00 am