- Full time
Page Personnel are exclusively recruiting a Management Accountant for our client that is based in Leicester. Our client seeks an experienced finance individual who has experience of working in the education sector or is passionate about working in the education sector.
Our client is a growing and well established organisation within the education sector. This role is offering fantastic career progression, in that within c. 2-3 years of being in the Management Accountant position, you will be given the opportunity to progress into a Senior Management Accountant position.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for the accounts of one specific site. The Head Office Accountants are responsible for producing the management accounts for both sites. However, as Management Accountant, you will be responsible for the analysis, interpretation and commentary of the accounts, and will support Senior Stakeholders with understanding the financial position of the site. As part of this role, duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Ensure the monthly management accounts fairly reflect the transactions
- Analysing, reporting on and providing commentary on the monthly management accounts e.g. spend, costs, performance, income lines, KPIs etc....
- Using developed models to budget and report
- Having monthly meetings with the Senior Stakeholders to advise upon the financial performance and provide recommendations
- Business partnering a number of budget holders
- Leading on the external and internal audit relationship
- Leading on the relationship with local governing bodies i.e. produce financial packs for meetings and attend the meetings to help them understand the financial positions of the sites
- Working alongside the CFO to manage and coordinate the annual statutory accounts
- Managing and supporting a Finance Officer
To apply for this role, you will:
- Will have previous experience of working in the education sector, or have a genuine desire to work in the education sector
- Have experience of producing and analysing management accounts
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability build working relationships with non finance stakeholders
- Be a self starter and enthusiastic
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Management Accountant / Analyst / Finance Business Partner who wants to develop their experience. You will be provided with:
- A competitive salary between £27,000 and £33,000
- 27 days holiday plus statutory days
- An extremely competitive pension contribution
- Planned career development