FCC Controls Advisor
The Role Responsibilities
To provide guidance, advise and approval on filing of suspicious transaction reports and/or mandating client exit to FCC Controls investigation analysts (FCIO team) in compliance with Group policy and procedures, laws and regulations in Singapore on AML/CFT.
To engage with business stakeholders in managing client exit.
- Scope of role include Standard Chartered Bank (SCB) Singapore Branch, SCB (Singapore) Limited, Standard Chartered Bank Singapore.
- Ensure that FCC Controls' work processes and procedures are in line with FCC ACT Manual. If required, to draft and issue additional guidance and process notes to FCIO and FCSU for clarity
- Review and provide advice and guidance to FCIOs who conduct detailed investigations on automated cases (arising from transaction monitoring, name screening, trade AML or transaction screening) escalated by FCSU or manually initiated cases (arising from internal escalation, referral from other stakeholders, production order, intelligence exchange) for identifying suspicious transactions and preparation of Suspicious Transaction Reports (STR)/recommending for filing STR
- While reviewing cases, to ensure that FCIO analyst investigation work are complete and include clear articulation of the risk and grant Case Analysis Duration (CAD) extension as needed.
- If required, act as contact point for all regulatory request and attend to and provide responses.
- In respect of transaction surveillance, establish and develop effective working relationship with Business Units, Group and ASA Financial Crime Compliance, FCSU Transaction Surveillance team and other Conduct, Financial Crime and Compliance (CFCC) partners.
- Coordinate information requests from Monetary Authority of Singapore and/or Commercial Affairs Department relating to STRs and ensure that they are promptly attended to and maintain all records evidencing the Bank's compliance with respect to each request. Ensure compliance with Singapore regulations (specifically MAS 626 and such other regulations as disseminated by Legal &/or Compliance, Singapore).
- Secure 'Acceptable' audit ratings for the unit and ensure timely resolution of audit and risk related issues
- Provide pro-active support to Business Units and senior management in ensuring the Bank operates in accordance with legal, regulatory and Group requirements in respect of the identification, timely reporting of SARs/STRs and lists names in name screening.
- Ensure timely reporting and escalation of significant risk issues to management.
- Support and drive operational excellence initiatives, to improve effectiveness & efficiency of the unit.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Possess technical knowledge in AML/BSA/KYC
- Have an understanding of AML/CFT laws and regulations in Singapore
- Experience and knowledge of AML investigation, surveillance systems and case management
- A developed ability to identify and assess risk, develop controls and provide reports
- Sound experience, shown by demonstrable achievements in the above area
Critical Thinking Skills
- Ability to analyse relevant laws and regulations and correlate regulatory issues to products and business models
- Ability to identify and articulate Financial Crime Compliance issues
- Problem solving and solution finding skills
Communication skills & stakeholder engagement
- Well developed presentations skills - one to one, small group and large group
- Ability to ensure that relevant stakeholders receive pertinent and timely information on developments in compliance or in the business, with the priority on ensuring "no surprises"
- Well developed ability to use communications channels appropriate to the situation
- Ability to collaborate and work dynamically across country, region, group and business stakeholders
- Advanced ability to lead discussions around complex problems with relevant stakeholders
- Bachelor degree (Graduate degree is a plus)
- 8+ years of experience working in financial services or related field
- 8+ years Financial Crime Compliance/AML related experience