Operational Risk Manager, neXus
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Assists with designing and implementing an operational risk framework (ORF) tailored to a virtual bank.
- Be the reference for facilitating and promoting the understanding of operational risk requirements.
- Leads and supports the implementation of operational risk initiatives.
- Helps design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management.
- Ensures risks and issues identified are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of operational risk processes.
- Leads and drives standardisation and automation through re-engineering and process improvement.
- Drives ORF-implementation and supports the compliance by product lines and other stakeholders.
- Cooperates with legal, compliance and other risk owners to ensure compliance with Standard Chartered policies and regulatory requirements.
- Investigates complaints and operational/risk incidents and coordinates with relevant parties to perform root cause analysis and risk assessments.
- Devises and implements effective preventive measures.
- Record and maintain operational risks/incidents
- Ensure risks, issues and control enhancement are identified, assessed and resolved in a and timely manner.
- Implement control processes, sampling and testing to ensure compliance with the Group control standards as well as facilitate monitoring/collection of any key control or risk indicators.
- Records the result of control testing, report exceptions, performs residual risk assessments and ensure identified control deficiencies are mitigated with preventive measures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to explain theoretical concepts to team members with varying backgrounds.
- Good knowledge of retail banking products with a particular focus on digital.
- Understanding of industry trends and developments as well as their impact on the business.
- Appetite for continuously improving and streamlining processes and the way we work.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.