Tax Manager, Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR), APTC, Singapore
Our Asia Pacific Tax Center (“APTC”) operates as a team of highly experienced tax professionals from across Asia Pacific who focus on delivering efficient and effective resources to companies in the region. The APTC forms part of the Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) which is tasked with the sales, implementation, governance and delivery of multi-country compliance service. Our goal is to improve quality, manage risk, create efficiency and drive value. Our market leading approach combines standard and efficient processes, highly effective tools and an extensive network of local tax and accounting professionals, in more than 140 countries. Our clients benefit from an integrated, consistent, and flexible quality service to address direct and indirect tax compliance, statutory accounting and financial reporting, and tax accounting.
As part of our regional Global Services team across Asia Pacific you will be working with colleagues in Sydney, Singapore, Hong Kong and Korea and teaming with our Global Talent Hub (GTH) in Manila. You’ll look after service delivery, co-ordination, issue resolution and contract management of large scale projects across the Asia Pacific region. Your role is akin to a Regional Finance and Accounting Controller where you will need to manage and coordinate the delivery of accounting and management reporting services by EY teams in the region.
Your key responsibilities
- You'll work hand in hand with our tax and accounting professionals to help manage our clients’ compliance and reporting needs
- Establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships both internally and externally with clients to help ensure that the services delivered to clients by our offices are of the highest standards and are done on time
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of client engagements, monitor progress and deliverables, put in place the necessary standardized accounting processes, supervise the delivery of the accounting and management reporting services by the Global Talent Hub and country tams, anticipate and identify risks, escalate issues as appropriate and drive performance-improvement solutions
- Support the team in marketing and business development initiatives to grow our GCR client base in the region
- Help to create a positive learning culture, coaching and counselling junior team members to help them develop professional and personally
- Support GCR proposals by providing assistance on fee gathering for corporate income tax, indirect tax, statutory accounts preparation, and bookkeeping
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent analytical, management and leadership skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Good advisory and writing skills
- Proven experience in managing people and multiple projects, as well as being deadline-driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - comfortable to work across borders with a wide network of people
- Coordination and prioritisation, resourceful and analytical, independent in managing own workload, ability to work under pressure and to keep things moving and to juggle multiple tasks
- Numerate and detail oriented and working with large amount of data
- Ability to understand processes and technology
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree or professional qualification
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in accounting and management reporting services
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience and knowledge of accounting standards and day-to-day accounting and management reporting processes, statutory compliance, financial reporting and ERP systems
- Regional finance or accounting controller experiences
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.