Corporate Secretarial Manager, Corporate Services, Tax, Singapore
Join a global network that understands what businesses need to have access, visibility and control. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local compliance and accounting experience with a standard global compliance process and web-based tools to help you execute your job. In one country or many, you have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the compliance function, with tax compliance, statutory accounts preparation and tax accounting calculation support.
You’ll be part of a growing global team, acting as a key point of contact for a wide range of clients and colleagues. In return, you can expect plenty of support designed with your own personal skills and experience. EY is a dynamic place to develop not only your technical knowledge, but also your professional leadership and business acumen.
You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because your professional development is important to us and we are fully committed to helping you realise your potential.
Your key responsibilities
As a Corporate Secretarial Manager, you’ll be a key member of the team, committed to supporting the Corporate Services executives in building and maintaining relationships with clients. You’ll spend most of your time in managing corporate transactions. You enjoy actively contributing to the growth and development of the practice by taking operational responsibility and accountability for engagement team support and delivery.
Skills and attributes for success
- Managing a portfolio of clients independently
- Preparing resolutions and minutes of meetings of directors and shareholders and related forms
- Providing advice on compliance requirements and ensure client’s compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Providing day-to-day support in corporate secretarial work
- Lodge returns and documents with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
- Maintaining proper statutory records
- Maintaining proper corporate secretarial database
- Performing customer due diligence according to ACRA Act
- Mentoring and supervising team members
To qualify for the role you must have
- ICSA qualification/certification
- At least 8 years of working experience in corporate secretarial work
- Conversant with the Companies Act and familiar with the regulatory and reporting requirements
- Good knowledge of processes and electronic filing requirements of ACRA
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent organisational skill
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to perform under tight deadlines
- Meticulous and organised individual with initiative
- Good verbal/written communication skills
Ideally, you also have
- A degree in economics, finance, law, tax or accounting
- Experience working in multicultural teams
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.