Senior Associate, Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Assurance, Singapore
Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services within Assurance and you will assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because your professional development is important to us and we are fully committed to helping you realise your potential.
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team works with businesses and finance teams to address the risks of accounting, financial reporting and regulatory issues. FAAS teams serve as trusted advisors, both practical and innovative, to help our clients navigate through accounting and financial reporting challenges driven by the changing economic and regulatory environment.
Your key responsibilities
As a FAAS Senior Associate, you’ll be a key member of the team, committed to supporting FAAS executives in building and maintaining relationships with clients and other service lines in EY. You enjoy challenging the status quo and provide alternative viewpoints. Leveraging off our delivery tools and service enablers, you’ll assist to plan and execute projects and play a key role in the successful delivery of services to our clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Working closely with the practice leaders and executives to support the execution of account strategies
- Proactively engage in conversations with the practice leaders and executives to provide insights on potential client needs based on research of client background and industry trends
- Supporting the planning and execution of the various projects to ensure the successful delivery of service offerings to our client
- Participating actively in talent and skills development by leveraging on internal and industry learning opportunities
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree, preferably in finance, commerce or accounting; a CPA or similar certification
- At least 3 years of experience in audit or in a large and dynamic organizations in or around the finance field
- Familiarity with US and international accounting standards
- Solution-oriented with “go-getter” personality
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident, independent and adaptable
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills
Ideally, you also have
- Experience working in multicultural teams
- Involvement in accounting areas such as transaction accounting, GAAP conversions and accounting change implementation
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.