Michael Page have partnered exclusively with a leading food manufacturing (FMCG) business to appoint a Site Financial Controller for a key site in Bristol.
My client is a listed business in the manufacturing (FMCG) sector with a great reputation and lots of new investment due to new market penetration. A household name with a presence in all of the big retailers who prides itself on culture and invests in personal development.
Aligned to a production site in Bristol, this opportunity is for an experienced Management Accountant with a passion for commercial and operational finance who is comfortable operating as the #1 in finance as a Site Financial Controller and as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) for a high value, complex food manufacturing site (FMCG).
- Monthly reporting and communication of site performance
- Preparation of annual and quarterly budgets and forecasts
- Provide strategic focus for the site, primarily through driving continuous improvement initiatives and cost control/reduction
- Lead ad-hoc projects as part of cross-functional change team
- Manage, lead and develop the Site Finance team
Based in Bristol, the successful Financial Controller will have excellent communication skills, demonstrate the ability to work to independently and meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a minimum of 3 years PQE
- Strong commercial awareness with a background spanning FP&A and financial analysis as well as core accounting activities
- Strong systems skills, including working with a large integrated ERP system (i.e SAP, Oracle)
- Demonstrate managerial skills (leading a team of 3 or more)
- Knowledge of standard costing and activity-based costing methods
- Experience working in a product based business (desirable)
The salary on offer is between £55,000 and £65,000 + benefits
(We will consider applications slightly north of the upper end of the bracket if directly relevant to the role)