M&A Media Sector team - Assistant Managers and Managers
Gain corporate finance experince in both buy-side and sell-side work, involving private and public companies, owner-managed businesses and private equity houses.
International accountancy firm, London office.
You will manage the delivery of projects on a day-to-day basis, and to build sustainable and profitable external and internal client relationships.
- Project manage client engagements, which includes determining the project scope and resource requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review.
- Scope, prepare and review reports, information memoranda and documents using Word and PowerPoint
- Scope, prepare and review financial models using Excel
- Contribute to the management of the project team on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist the Partner, Director and Assistant Directors in the development of existing and new service stream methodologies.
- Contribute to the successful development of the client relationship
- Promote knowledge sharing within the team and facilitating research and development within the chosen stream.
- Ensure client feedback is captured, addressed and effectively communicated to the project manager/director.
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases.
- Support the conversion of opportunities into chargeable work, including pitch participation.
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities, and inform the project director or partner as appropriate.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events and keeping abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers.
- Support recruitment, retention, development, training and motivation of employees within the Corporate Finance team.
- Seek and take action on feedback.
- Deliver honest and timely feedback to executives.
You will have a good understanding of, and experience in, the field of corporate finance for both buy-side and sell-side work, involving private and public companies, owner-managed businesses and private equity houses. You will also have developed sector knowledge.
- Thorough working knowledge of sell-side and/or buy-side corporate finance advisory activities
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
- Previous staff supervision or management experience.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word and Excel.
- For those involved in plc activities, a developing knowledge of relevant regulatory regimes.
Salary up to £61,000 plus benefits.