Assistant Financial Controller
Leading engineering firm in Milton Keynes are on the lookout for a progressive ACCA/CIMA studier to join their team! The assistant Financial Controller role is an exciting opportunity for a progressive accountant to develop quickly into a senior role within the business.
Our client are a market leading engineering firm in the UK, and voted as one of the times top 100 employers. With a track record to developing their employees and with one of the youngest senior management teams in the industry, this presents an exciting opportunity for someone to join and excel their career.
Assistant Financial Controller Responsibilities:
- Adhering to the monthly closing checklist, ensuring prompt and correct booking of closing journals and obtaining suitable evidence and authorisation.
- Maintaining a proactive dialogue with Accounting Manager throughout the monthly close to manage expectations and escalate any delays or issues.
- Preparing monthly trial balances for incorporation into Group reporting, including presentation of results and balance sheet extracts for management review.
- Preparing financial control reconciliations, including ageing, provision analysis and timely resolution of reconciling items in conjunction with the account owner.
- Recording and reviewing the status of the financial control reconciliations, reporting and escalating any unresolved differences in a timely manner and being aware of the control environment and risks within this.
- Developing a commercial understanding of accounting balances and continuously developing accounting processes and reconciliations in response to changes in business processes or available information.
- Assisting more junior team members with accounting processes, reconciliations and group reporting.
Assistant Financial Controller Requirements:
- Studying towards CIMA/ACCA
- Strong Excel skills are essential, along with excellent interpersonal/communication skills and attention to detail
- Pro-active and independent with an analytical approach
- Work experience as an Accounts Assistant, including experience of working to deadlines
- Oracle/SAP experience is also desirable.
- Excellent development opportunities
- Full study support package
- On site parking