An award winning employer based in central York with parking are seeking a Financial Accountant to join the team. This role is as a result of progression and is a great move for someone looking to move from accountancy practice into their first role in industry or for an experienced financial accountant looking to add value within a not for profit environment.
Award winning employer based in York - 10 minutes walk from the train station, but with parking available.
As Financial Accountant you will deliver across a wide portfolio of areas to prepare financial statements and collate financial data whilst challenging and supporting the business to ensure insightful and sound business decisions can be made. Areas of delivery will include:
- Preparation of timely and accurate entity and consolidated financial statements under UK GAAP
- Support the production of the monthly management accounts and bi-annual financial statements, taking responsibility for key processes
- Identify areas for improvement in the month-end/year-end process
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register
- Maintain cash flow forecasts
- Completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Complete monthly balance sheet, including intercompany, reconciliations
- Preparation of forecast financial statements (including balance sheet and cash flow statements)
- Ensure the period-end processes are appropriately documented and adherence to internal controls/policies is in place
- Undertake completion and testing of the monthly audit pack
- Undertake regular review of process controls to ensure adequacy and sufficiency of control framework
- Preparation of capital adequacy reports
- Preparation of quarterly Board reports
- Assist with delivery of relevant information during the group internal and external audit
- Working on ad-hoc projects as required
Candidates will be fully qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA or equivalent) and will have a background within either audit or controls.
You will have previous experience of working in a finance environment and ideally experience of working in industry, although this could be a great move for someone within accountancy practice looking to make their first move into industry.
Great work life balance
Parking and other on-site facilities