Senior Risk Manager
Description of business unit
Risk Strategy is responsible for developing and maintaining the Group risk measurement methodologies and standards to support key decision-making processes including setting the Group Risk Appetite, conducting Solvency and Reverse Stress Testing, determining internal capital adequacy requirements (ICAAP) and producing Portfolio Risk Analytics and Insights to key stakeholders.
Externally, Risk Strategy interacts with Regulators, industry bodies, banks and consulting firms to ensure both adherence to the European regulatory requirements, and to remain at the forefront of industry best-practice in risk measurement standards. A role in Risk Strategy is a key stepping stone for a career as a Risk Analytics professional.
Purpose of the Role
You will have a key role in a high profile team where you will lead the development and implementation of analytical models, production, analysis and reporting of loan loss forecasts, as well as capital allocation and performance tracking while engaging with senior management on a regular basis. The role offers development and progression opportunities and will afford a high level of exposure to key internal and external parties.
- Manage and lead a team of quantitative and credit risk analysts;
- Maintain the methodological framework and models for generating Forward Looking Information under IFRS9;
- Identify stress case scenarios for use in ICAAP/strategic planning processes;
- Develop and implement IFRS9 Expected Credit Loss Model for use in Stress Testing across all lending portfolios in line with industry leading practices and regulatory standards for use in internal ICAAP and regulatory stress testing purposes (eg. EBA/ECB/PRA/IMF, etc.);
- Conduct stand-alone Stress Testing sensitivity analysis as required (eg. for individual risks);
- Support the delivery of Stress Testing Governance, including development and maintenance of Solvency & Reverse Stress Testing and of Loan Loss Forecasting Governance framework and documentation;
- Continuously research, enhance and align the Group's stress testing capabilities with leading practices and regulatory guidelines (EBA, BIS, PRC, SSM etc.); Pro-active assessment of implications of changing legislation / guidance / and official/market reports on stress testing activities; development of plans to deliver any necessary changes; management of communication with stakeholders; direction re technical improvements to models & processes.
What is the opportunity
What a great time to join us! Every organisation will tell you that their people are their most prized asset - we'll tell you that too. The difference is however, we prove it - through commitment to nurturing, encouraging, challenging and training our people through our award winning Learning Zone training and development centre. On top of a great career path and central location, we can offer you a range of benefits such as discounted VHI, FREE banking, preferential rates on loans and financial products, holiday and insurance funds, generous annual leave and staff offers. We also have many sports & social clubs and provide a platform for employees to get involved in volunteering and collecting for charities through our Give Together initiative.
Third level qualification (or equivalent) in a quantitative discipline
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong people management skills, with the ability to lead and motivate a team of professionals in a complex and changing environment; ability to coach/lead consistent with the Group's Leadership standards, supporting a high performance culture and high levels of ethics and engagement;
- Excellent analytical skills supported by a degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative discipline such as economics/econometrics , statistics, finance, mathematics;
- Excellent computer skills: Word/Excel/PowerPoint/VBA;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines along with being a team player;
- Knowledge of statistical analysis packages such as SAS is highly desirable;
- Risk modelling background including experience of credit & balance sheet modelling with a strong focus on credit risk;
- Ability to deal with new and emerging best practice concepts including in the key areas of stress testing, risk measurement, regulatory and Pillar 2/internal capital requirement, constantly benchmarking against peers and leading towards development of synergies and innovation.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience with EBA stress test;
- Background in SAS and credit risk modelling or portfolio management;
- Project management.
- Competency 1: One Group, one team - People Manager
- Competency 2: Customer Focused - People Manager
- Competency 3: Agile - People Manager
- Competency 4: Accountable - People Manager
- Competency 5: Manage Risk - People Manager
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Aug 21, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.