Reporting and Analytics Manager
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website.
The Asset/Liability Management group evaluates the Company’s exposure to interest rate risk, determines strategies to improve performance and provide management and steering of the Company's balance sheet, interest rate exposure, liquidity, and capital in the banking book. It set limits on how much of the Company’s annual earnings and evaluates how much of the Company’s estimated longer-term value will be put at risk under the assumption of interest rate scenarios that differ significantly from management’s most likely planning assumptions. The ALM balance sheet and net interest income modeling framework is also leveraged for capital stress testing and provides inputs to liquidity management.
About the Role
You will work as part of the Interest Rate Risk (IRR) and Balance Sheet (BS) Modeling/ Analytics team to support balance sheet risk management enhancements. You will interact closely with other members of the ALM team.
- Support balance sheet risk management enhancements by analyzing and reporting on key assumptions, sensitivity analysis and attribution analysis used in the forecasting process
- Verify the accuracy, reasonableness, and consistency of data and assumptions and provide in depth analysis and understanding of key drivers
- Support business initiatives to enhance existing Asset and Liability management capabilities through documenting business requirements, analytical test work and enhancement of control framework
- Analyze month over month changes in portfolio position data and be able to report on significant changes in balance movements by underlying rate index
- Prepare and analyze reporting on manual reporting adjustments and be able to identify significant changes and drivers compared to prior forecasts or alternate scenarios
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis/projects as and when necessary
- University degree preferably in Finance, Economics, and Mathematics related field, ACCA affiliate/member ,MBA Finance preferred.
- Experience of more than 5 years in Data Analysis, Forecasting and Reporting on regular and ad-hoc initiatives.
- Knowledge in Banking/Financial Services domain.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of MS excel,VBA and Macros
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Experience of working across one or more geographic territories or regions
- Certification in Financial Risk Management
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.