A varied Accounts Assistant role, to work as part of a small Finance team, in a medium sized business.
A medium sized business, based in offices in the Chertsey area with free parking provided and easy access via public transport.
The Accounts Assistant role reports in to the Finance Manager and involves;
- Maintain reconciliation on key general ledger accounts
- Prepare monthly accruals and prepayments
- Ensure that all monthly closing activities are accurately completed on time
- Enter daily bank transactions into the accounting software
- Monthly multi-currency bank reconciliations
- Enter and process purchase invoices and expense reports, ensuring that authorisation is obtained and that timely payments are made.
- Invoice customers and ensure timely receipts occur.
- Responsible for processing the monthly payroll inputs
- Liaise/communicate with the bank for ad hoc queries.
- Work with external auditors & advisors as required, ensuring that information is provided on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all department and company internal controls are adhered to at all times
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for the Accounts Assistant role will;
- Have worked in a similar role previously
- ideally be studying towards an AAT qualification
- have intermediate Excel skills
- will ideally have multi-currency experience (not essential)
The Accounts Assistant role can pay up to £23,000 - £26,000 + benefits including AAT study support.