The Divisional FP&A Analyst is responsible for assisting the divisional FP&A Director and Divisional Financial Controller deliver the FP&A and control activities for the Division.
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets.
We believe in our vision of "Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live". At Meggitt, we truly enable the extraordinary. We're good at what we do and that's why customers come back to us. We are constantly working to improve our processes and performance, striving for excellence.
By working together, we bring extraordinary technology to our customers, building trusted global relationships and successful collaborations through strong teamwork. Our teams are passionate about what we do and how we do it.
We pride ourselves on doing the right thing, in the right way wherever we operate. Our colleagues, customers and the communities we are part of can count on us to act with integrity, honesty and respect.
These core values - teamwork, integrity and excellence - are what have allowed us to become the company we are today. With over 40 facilities and more than 11,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe.
Meggitt have invested £130m on the construction of a new manufacturing and office facility at Ansty Park near Coventry. The site will provide a base for 1,000 employees in a world-class aerospace engineering and technology environment. It will become the new home for Meggitt's Plc global headquarters, as well as 2 of the Group's 4 divisional teams (Airframe Systems and Services & Support). Meggitt are looking to take this opportunity to develop a world-class finance function to build the success of the future.
The Airframe Systems division is Meggitt's largest division with revenues of over £1bn spread across 6 Product Groups, and with facilities across Europe, North America and Asia. The Divisional headquarters will be relocating from Fareham to be based in the new facility in Ansty Park. This creates a great opportunity for a capable and ambitious analyst to join our team as an exciting entry point to a range of future opportunities in Meggitt.
- Assist with the ongoing management and development of the budgeting and financial forecasting process throughout the Airframe Systems Division, working with both Product Groups and Plc.
- Assist in month end analysis of results and creation of value add management information for senior management.
- Manage consolidation of forecast numbers, including analysis of individual submitted forecasts to help brief senior management on key issues.
- Assist with production of quarterly intangible balance sheet testing of R&D assets, as well as preparing new approval requests for R&D capitalisation.
- Commercial review of Divisional submissions for unusual trends/ errors, helping to identify the key issues and their possible resolution
- Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial information and recommendations to Senior Management.
- Assisting with the creation of backup materials for any supplementary / ad-hoc analysis for management and for Budget / Forecast
- Develop/amend financial models to assist with data capture, reviews and analysis with internal customers in mind.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- At least 3 years of finance experience, including commercial facing roles
- Culturally aware to be able to work across international borders, with a can do attitude
- Strong financial modelling skills, especially excel
- Good working knowledge of operational metrics and how they drive financial metrics
- Ability to analyse complicated financial submissions and summarise into key points
- Experience of ERPs (esp. BFC, SAP) and Excel add-in data extraction techniques
- Strong time management skills
- Manufacturing / aerospace experience desirable
- International / large business experience essential
Who we are looking for
- Ambitious self-starter who embraces challenges and is looking to build a broader career with the business
- Ability to relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people, many of whom are based overseas
- Able to utilise successes and failures as learning opportunities, learning through experimentation and proactive approaches
- Able to working in a changing environment, flexible in their approach to leading/working through ambiguity
- Builds collaborative relationships and drives engagement
- Requirement to spend time in Fareham through the knowledge transfer period until 1st March go live in Ansty
Competitive salary plus bonus and private healthcare