Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, motivation and development of three direct reports and seven indirect reports in the Fund Accounting and Accounts Payable teams.
- Responsible for recording accurate financial transactions in each entity in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage the monthly close process.
- Review complex journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations including but not limited to deferred revenue, AR, AP, accrued liabilities, asset retirement obligations, revenue and other operating expenses.
- Review quarterly analytics.
- Work with independent auditors to provide support for multiple audited consolidated and standalone financial statements.
- Assist in developing and improving processes and procedures for our department.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to assigned staff that ensures development of a highly skilled and motivated team.
- Manage the on–boarding of new entities providing detailed analysis of accounting requirements.
- Assist in establishing, implementing and improving internal control policies and procedures.
- Research technical accounting issues to ensure proper accounting treatment in accordance with US GAAP.
- Assist in departmental, resource and project planning. Assist with special projects as required.
Preferred Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- BS in Accounting (or related major), MS in Accounting is a plus
- CPA required
- Solar or other renewable energy experience is a plus
- At least 8 years of experience, with at least 2 years in public accounting
- Big 4 experience desired
- Thorough knowledge of operating and reporting structures and financial policies and procedures
- Thorough, detail–oriented, highly organized, and performs effective self–reviews.
- Demonstrates initiative to ask about new learning opportunities.
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions. Ability to prioritize and multi–task accordingly in a fast–paced environment is required
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely on operational issues
- Significant comfort and ability with excel spreadsheets and Netsuite ERP Implementation