Senior Financial Accountant
This organisation is one of Queensland's largest employers providing various services across most parts of Queensland
The purpose of this role is to support the Finance Manager and provide a range of the financial accounting services to maintain operational performance while delivering the organisation's financial reporting responsibilities in accordance with relevant legislation and accounting standards.
As the Senior Financial Accountant you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support end-of-month processes including journals, accruals and prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations
- Undertake and coordinate year end activities including preparation of annual financial statements and notes to financial statements
- Ensure compliance with governance frameworks, including financial delegations, policies and processes
- Utilise information technology and financial systems to extract data, investigate and analyse information
- Develop, recommend and implement improvements to processes and procedures
The successful candidate will have the following requirements;
- Minimum 7 years' experience in a similar role
- Relevant degree and CA/CPA qualified
- Experience working in a 'Big 4' or 'Mid-Tier' firm followed by experience in a large commercial organisation
- Be able to follow complex spreadsheets and demonstrate a high level of technical skill
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the application of IFRS Accounting Standards.
- Be adaptable to change while presenting a professional outlook
- Exceptional communication skills and demonstrate collaboration across teams
Please apply below or email Kaity.firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.