Credit Analyst, Group Risk
- Keep abreast of market and regulatory developments and internal policies that could impact underwriting standards and asset quality. Make recommendations for changes in the various credit policies, process and evaluation tools, as and when required.
- Ensure consistent and appropriate application and adherence to credit related policies and guidelines, especially delegated approval framework.
- The scope of Independent Credit Review (ICR) for a start shall cover non-retail credits (originating from CIMB Group in Malaysia and Singapore) approved / recommended by Credit Committees.
- Adopt a risk-based approach in prioritizing ICR coverage where focus shall be directed to credits / financings of sizeable exposure and/or higher risk based on Internal Risk Rating of poorer grades as stipulated in CIMB Malaysia/Singapore Independent Credit Review Operating Process.
- Conduct ICR Rating to test on the adequacy of credit / financing due diligence, risk recognition, appropriate credit / financing decision rationale that meets the Bank’s Risk Posture and Appetite, credit risk related policies and BNM guidelines and applicable laws.
- Prepare quarterly ICR Reports consolidating key findings and proposed action / mitigating steps (if applicable) for cases reviewed and ensure timely escalation of findings to GCRO, if any.
- Work closely and constructively with key stakeholders by building strong relationships and contributing to the Bank’s success from a non-retail credit scope.
- Provide expertise to enhance the second line of defence.
- Act as an advocate for inculcating a strong credit culture.
- Any other responsibilities / task as assigned by GCRO from time to time.
- Take an active role in the development of subordinates through KPI, performance management processes and learning and development opportunities.
- Be an engaged leader by setting the tone from the top that facilitates an environment of empowerment and motivation. (Where relevant)
- Ensure ICR are conducted in compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements, especially Credit Risk Guidelines issued by BNM / MAS.
- To engage with internal/external auditors as well as regulators, where relevant.
- Be actively involved and encourage the self-identify of operational risk issues.
- BSc (Hon) in Statistics and Computing or Finance Studies.
- Certified Risk Professional (Credit) by IBBM/BAI or Omega's CSA Certification
- Min of 10 years in Credit Risk Management functions or in Corporate Credit Approval function.
- Knowledge of non-retail credit risk, finance and accounting skills
- Understanding of loan structuring and legal matters
- Knowledge of local regulatory requirements
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, leadership skills & management skills.
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills in English
- Result drive, motivated and committed
- Developing and Managing Talent