The Financial Planning & Analysis team's purpose is to manage and deliver the core management accounting of the companies delivering financial control, reporting and support to the business on time, every time.
Our client is a leading Financial Services business based in Halifax.
This role is in the Financial Planning & Analysis team which is responsible for providing financial analysis and insight to and for all entities in the UK group. In this role you would be responsible for:
- Undertaking project activity related to Financial Planning & Analysis with the aim of providing information and insight to key stakeholders
- In these projects you will be responsible for leading the gathering information, analysing and sharing findings and presenting results and options.
- You will also be responsible for leading on projects that improve the quality and control environment as well as the automating processes and improving efficiency.
- You will be responsible for sharing project knowledge with team members and where appropriate coaching them in implementing project work into operational processes.
- You will be expected to identify control improvements in the operational aspects of the Financial Reporting & Analysis team's activities and to be proactive in recommending and implementing changes.
- Improving the control environment across the Financial Planning & Analysis Reporting and Finance as a whole.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key areas of the business and with external specialists.
- Enhancing the quality and insight gained from the regular reporting provided to key stakeholders (e.g. improving quality, information, external context, etc.).
- Being a key part in the development, improvement and continued engagement of key stakeholders in the business in the various Financial Planning & Analysis activities.
- Supporting the delivery of the annual business plan and regular forecasting activities including delivery of various scenarios.
- Leading on specifically assigned elements in the business planning and forecasting cycles.
- Working to challenge expenses, supporting the team to achieve changes and leading on specifically assigned areas (e.g. IT, Pricing, etc.).
- Supporting the delivery of the regulatory and legislative requirements of the team.
- Supporting ongoing regular and ad-hoc tasks.
- Excellent financial planning and analysis knowledge in the insurance environment
- Proven ability to coach and support members of the finance team at multiple experience levels
- Strong communication skills with all levels of internal and external stakeholder
- Strong controls experience
- Proven project management skills
- Confident in engaging at a senior level
- Self-driven, can work autonomously with a proven work ethic
- Team player who enjoys working inclusively with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
- Proactive professional in planning to achieve targets and objectives
- Hard working, be able to work under pressure and sometimes with challenging timescales
- Establishes and maintains constructive and collaborative relationships with all business areas
- Behaves consistently and with integrity at all times
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) with extensive and relevant post qualification experience
- Opportunity to work in a high performing but supportive team
- Competitive salary and benefits package including bonus and non-contributory pension
- Health benefits such as free eye tests, flu jabs and the option to opt into private medical insurance