AML Specialist – Transfer Agency
The position is based in Northern Trusts offices in Luxembourg
AML: Liaise with investors/clients to meet compliance and operational requirements including AML and KYC (Know your Client).
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
- New Clients / Investors
Participate to onboarding of new Investor Entity and Register records from New Applications, across multiple client data bases.
- Existing Clients/ Investors
Processing incoming Entity and Register amendments to existing investor records pertaining to:
Signature List, Name Change, Address change and AML maintenance.
- Query Resolution
Respond to all clients and / or associated internal departmental queries in a timely, accurate and professional manner in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Take delivery of the applications and supporting documents through a workflow system
- Assess the content of the documents for completion and compliance to:
- Standard Registration requirements
- Pre-determined Anti-Money Laundering / Know your Client requirements
- Input the content of the documents onto the line of business
- Transmit the relevant communications to Clients/Investors related to the above
- AML analysis of incoming cases (account opening, remediation, not compliant accounts)
- Day to day client reporting in relation to outstanding AML requirements.
- Escalation point for unresolved issues to the Bangalore TA team.
- Workflow queue management and analysis
- Participate to daily management of the daily screening Investigation
- Participate to daily management of the blocked cash of non-compliant accounts
- Participate actively on maintaining the common inbox
- Achievement of monthly KPIs
- Procedure maintenance following the change control process
- Compliance with regulations and attainment of client specific processing requirements
- Maintains a close working relationship with other areas within the Transfer Agency business unit and other Divisions/Departments within Northern Trust
- To work with the team, internal departments and group projects area on any allocated projects.
- Ensure that appropriate segregation of duties controls are in place at all times
- Employees are required to comply with the regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role.
- Employees are expected to exercise due care and diligence, and ensure that the responsibilities of the role are organised and controlled within the ambit of regulation, compliance and risk management.
- Employees are required to observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
- Ensuring that KPIs are achieved in order to keep ASLs to a minimum.
INTERNAL KEY STAKEHOLDERS
- Relationship Managers and CSM
- Internal Clients
EXTERNAL KEY STAKEHOLDERS
- Regulators including, CSSF and FED
- External Clients
- External Advisors
- External Auditors / Trustees and Compliance
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Transfer Agency Line of Business system, understanding of processing and related concepts
- Transfer Agency Workflow processing system and concepts
- Basic but strong and up to date understanding of AML regulations
- Computer literate
- Lotus Notes / Microsoft email
- Microsoft Excel, Word
- Transfer Agency
- AML/KYC(Know your client)
- Operational experience gained in a TPA, TA or Fund Management operation
- Effective risk management
- Customer Service experience
- Extensive knowledge of collective investment scheme administration and current regulatory environment
- An understanding of investment product administration
A strong / high level of the below:
- Understand principles of quality delivery
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Planning / Organisational skills
- Work under pressure and unsupervised
- Interpersonal / Team player
- Self-motivated / Own initiative
- Ability to stay focussed / tenacious
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written in English
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades! https://www.northerntrust.com/united-states/about-us/accolades
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.