Accountant / Senior Accountant
We are looking for an Accountant / Senior Accountant to join the dynamic team in our Mankato office! With a fun work culture and excellent growth potential, this position will give you a unique opportunity! You will have the ability to engage with firm leaders, while immersing yourself in challenging work that directly impacts Abdo, Eick & Meyers and our clients.
Under general supervision, you will perform a variety of professional accounting work. The primary responsibility will be to prepare federal and state tax returns of individuals and businesses; also prepare and maintain financial data and records for assigned clients and prepare other tax filings (sales, payroll, excise, etc.) as assigned.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare assigned tax returns including individual, corporate, partnership and/or non-profit returns
- Prepare assigned basic amended returns, personal tax projections, property tax refunds, employee benefit plan returns, carryback returns, sales tax, 1099 statements and/or payroll tax returns
- Perform analytical and detailed work with numerical data efficiently and accurately
- Prepare and maintain financial data and records for assigned clients
- Utilize and develop a functional understanding of various tax programs, tax and research software, and internal workflow/procedures
- Exercise discretion and judgment when working with confidential client matters
- Follow firm accounts receivable policy and cease working on clients with a balance of 90+ days
- Meet productivity standards
- Provide assistance including tax research to department staff and partners as needed
- Recognize, anticipate, and resolve tax issues; make recommendations
- Develop team members and participate in business development activities
- Begin to work towards a specialty/focus area either in a service area or industry segments
Successful Accountant / Senior Accountant will have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; CPA preferred
- 2-4 years of public accounting experience
- Possess and apply sound technical and operational knowledge in the practice area.
- Knowledge and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, FASB regulations, and various software applications
- Good understanding of IRS Circular 230 Regulations Governing Practice Before the IRS and the AICPA Professional Code of Conduct
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and staff, clients, and other external business contacts
- Excellent client-service orientation with an ability to expand services and develop new business
**Relocation assistance may be available**
Attracting, developing, and retaining the best employees are our highest priorities at Abdo, Eick & Meyers, LLP. Ranked as the 6th fastest growing firm in the U.S. by Accounting Today’s Top 100 Firms and Regional Leaders, we are always seeking talented individuals who can contribute to the success of our firm. So, if you are looking for an opportunity with a growing, collaborative firm, that values teamwork, relationships and growth & development please apply online TODAY!
EEO Policy: Abdo, Eick & Meyers, LLP and its subsidiary companies are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any legally-recognized basis “protected class” including but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or marital preference, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.