A rare opportunity to a join as a Management Accountant within the Science and Research sector working with a leading organisation within their specialised sector.
A nationally recognised organisation that is a leading independent group and a sector leader within their own industry. This division of the specialised Science and Research group is dynamic, fast paced and focused on nurturing talent to develop alongside the growth of the company. Located around the Bedford area, they are an easy commute to anyone located in Bedford, Milton Keynes or Luton.
The Key responsibilities for the role of Management Accountant will be:
- Supporting the Head of Finance in creation of Budgeting and Business Plans
- Production of the site and departmental annual budgets
- A focus on the balance sheet and a review of PnL
- Analysis of Budgets vs Actuals
- Financial Forecasting and Strategic Planning - continuous drive to improve processes
- Leading the implementation of a new Finance system and supporting with the business case
- Training of staff on new financial systems to ensure a smooth implementation
- Ensuring the accuracy of financial modelling
- Analysis of monthly financial data, identifying trends and anomalies to increase the accuracy of reporting.
- Production of In-house reports, Corporate Tax, VAT and returns
- Provision of accurate reporting packages for management - including KPIs (both financial and non-financial), key deliverable and various financial reviews.
- Analysis of VAT returns
- Annual external audit
- Ad-Hoc Responsibilities
The Successful candidate for the role of Management Accountant will be:
- Part Qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) ideally a finalist or QBE
- Proficiency in Excel is required - Pivot Tables, Nested VLOOKUPS, Financial Modelling
- Extensive knowledge of management accounts, ideally in a commercial environment
- Management/supervisory experience of junior finance staff
- Proven track record of business partnering internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to multi-task
- Team Player
A wonderful benefits package including a bonus alongside the opportunity to join a recognised Science and Research brand that offers great internal opportunities for growth. Easily commutable location for anyone based in Bedford, Milton Keynes or Luton.