Accounts Semi Senior/ Senior Accountant
A Semi Senior / Senior Accountant position in Tenterden. This firm is ideal for somebody looking for a good quality local firm with lots of exposure and progression in their role.
Our client is an accountancy, audit and business advisory firm based in Tenterden, providing integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. They are a growing accountancy firm that has a well-established brand with multiple offices and give excellent service to a variety of clients.
As a semi senior / senior accountant, you will be required to:
- Prepare financial statements for limited companies and sole traders from trial balance stage and incomplete records
- Assist and carry out statutory audits covering audit planning, fieldwork and completion
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Work and liaise with other members within the audit and accounts team
- Preparation, review and presentation of client management information as required
- Calculation and filing of some client VAT returns as required
- Addressing and discussing with clients any technical accounting issues identified during the course of client work
- Developing junior assistants in the team by on the job training and helping with their work
- Ideal candidate will be studying towards the ACCA qualification with at least 3 year's experience of working within an accountancy firm.
- Understanding and experience of audits beneficial
- Technically capable of producing statutory financial statements and management information to a high standard
- Experience of calculating and submitting client VAT returns
- Experience of calculating and submitting corporation tax and PAYE returns beneficial
- Strong IT skills inclusive of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Knowledge of accounting systems such as Sage, Iris, QuickBooks, Xero, CCH Central (not all required but more is beneficial)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal to facilitate extensive client relationship development
- Ambitious and persistent, self-motivated and able to work to targets
Opportunity for Progression and Development