RA Business Analyst (Australia IG - Prelude)
3 days left
- Full time
The Business Analyst will be a part of an impactful connected team, working with the Finance Manager and/or Finance Advisors in Perth, Business Interface Manager and senior business contacts to address scenarios and specific business challenges.
The Business Analyst will provide analysis to challenge the status quo, data analytics and business insights, working collaboratively as an equal to influence the value drivers for that business and to support decision making. The role holder will have strong collaboration skills and the ability to influence senior Business and Finance professionals across the organization.
The Business Analyst GPA will be aligned with the operational goals of the business they support, as well as the Finance Operations R&A goals. They will be an integral part of the appropriate Finance team to translate the Business agenda into the Finance Operations R&A context.
This role will have specific accountabilities to support Prelude FLNG, Shell Australia Proprietary Limited (SAPL). These include but are not limited to:
a) Key responsibilities:
- Provide business finance support to specific area assigned
- Support planning, target setting & budgeting/latest estimate activities
- Maintain a controlled environment, aimed at achieving business objectives, providing timely, fit for purpose, objective and transparent management and financial information
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Business and establish a working environment where you can work closely across the wider Finance team to ensure alignment of objectives
- Manage operational deliveries including developing and sustaining knowledge retention with effective back up plan in place
- First level analysis & ad hoc queries to support requests from the Business, Finance Onshore, JV Partners & multiple FO stakeholders.
- Support and implement Global Reporting & Analysis initiatives
- Ensure all strategic, managerial and operational metrics targets are either met or exceeded - with focus on Top Quartile performances and continuous improvement
- Control ownership and maintenance of robust Controls framework through driving high control awareness within the team together with strong emphasis on effective control operation at every execution.
- Keeps abreast of accounting and business developments as well as business performance drivers
- Demonstrates full compliance with Health, Safety and Security culture and behaviours.
c) Stakeholder Management:
- Multiple onshore stakeholders, Business and Finance on a largely virtual basis
- Internal FO cross processes accountability of influencing and managing end to end closing and reporting deliverable needs & operational effectiveness.
- Collaboration with technical experts in Controllers, Asset, Business Finance, Tax, Treasury etc. which in turn translates to effective reporting and management deliverables.
- Group Reporting & BPR linkages and deliverables.
- Manage SIA (Internal Audit), External Audit, JV audit requirements and support financial controls audit.
d) Project Management:
- Delivers assigned migration activities and ensures optimization of activity execution and resources.
- Actively problem solves, understanding the big picture, planning their work and working as part of the Finance team.
e) Process Improvements:
- Develop ability to intervene and improve work processes, effectiveness and efficiency
- Assist other team members in completing process reviews and redesign opportunities
- Promote continuous improvement environment. Recommend alternatives if current approach/process could be done in a more cost effective manner while achieving the business objective.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.