Senior Accountant / Auditor
We are looking for a Senior Accountant / Auditor to join the dynamic team in our Mankato office! With a fun work culture and excellent growth potential, this position will give you a unique opportunity! You will have the ability to engage with firm leaders, while immersing yourself in challenging work that directly impacts Abdo, Eick & Meyers and our clients!
In this role, you will work independently to perform a variety of professional auditing and attest work. This individual plans and executes the majority of assigned engagements from start to finish. You will be responsible for auditing and performing attest services for business entities and/or non-profit organizations, ensuring that all financial data is recorded consistent with established policy and procedures. This position will also assist on special projects as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare and review workpapers in conformity with standards including scope/objective/procedure/conclusion, adequate supporting documentation, and tickmark, and workpaper cross references
- Draft, foot, proof, and does final read of audit reports, financial statements, and other necessary engagement documentation
- Meet productivity standards
- Utilize and have a high level of understanding of firm software and internal workflow/processes
- Exercise discretion and judgement when working with confidential client matters
- Utilize various resources such as Thomson Reuters Checkpoint to perform research as assigned or as required for engagement performance
- Assist in developing and maintaining client and staff relationships
- Responsible for direct and indirect supervision of staff accountants and interns on individual engagements
- Perform client billing duties as/if assigned in accordance with firm processes and policies
- Develop team members and participate in business development activities
- Begin to work towards a specialty/focus area either in a service area or industry segment
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of audit experience
- Possess and apply sound technical and operational knowledge in the practice area.
- Knowledge and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, FASB regulations, and various software applications.
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and staff, clients, and other external business contacts
- Excellent client-service orientation with an ability to expand services and develop new business
**Relocation assistance may be available**
Attracting, developing, and retaining the best employees are our highest priorities at Abdo, Eick & Meyers, LLP. Ranked as the 6th fastest growing firm in the U.S. by Accounting Today’s Top 100 Firms and Regional Leaders, we are always seeking talented individuals who can contribute to the success of our firm. So, if you are looking for an opportunity with a growing, collaborative firm, that values teamwork, relationships and growth & development please apply online TODAY!
EEO Policy: Abdo, Eick & Meyers, LLP and its subsidiary companies are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any legally-recognized basis “protected class” including but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or marital preference, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.