Reporting to the Finance Manager, working with an external bureau (Cascade) and the internal HR payroll admin function, this role will take the lead in all payroll matters including policy development, managing all aspects of payroll processing for 310 employees, ensuring accurate accounting for payroll and compliance with all relevant external payroll regulations and legislation.
A global leader in their field of expertise, based in modern offices in the Weybridge area with free parking provided and easy access via public transport.
The Payroll Manager role involves;
* Work with the HR & Payroll Administrator to oversee and develop payroll input processes and calculations which are accurate and complete, enabling payroll processing to run smoothly for all payroll elements including salary, deductions, allowances, overtime, bonuses, pensions, benefits, expat payments
* Manage monthly payroll processing (of 310 employees) via the external bureau to ensure timely and accurate payment to employees
* Manage the service provided by the external bureau taking any corrective action where necessary and proactively recommending improvements or efficiencies. Provide technical payroll input on any payroll process or system changes as required
* Develop and communicate payroll policy and procedures to ensure roles and responsibilities are clear for all roles involved in the process, including employees, line managers, HR, Finance and the external payroll bureau
* Monitor changes in payroll legislation and regulations, adapting and communicating internal policy and procedure changes as required
* Manage contact and communication with HMRC and other external regulatory bodies as required. Maintain up to date knowledge of HMRC and other regulatory requirements and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations
* Work with international mobility in Belgium to understand and deliver expat payroll needs
* Responsible for entering and maintaining all payroll journal entries to the general ledger and reconciliation of the payroll bank account.
* Work with HR to ensure appropriate communication with employees with regards to individual salary and deduction considerations.
* Monitor and report on payroll accuracy and errors, identifying and fixing any process or compliance issues.
The ideal candidate for the Payroll Manager role will;
* Strong payroll experience. Able to build and adapt all payroll processes and manage links with HR, Finance and other internal and external stakeholders
* CIPP qualification or similar is desirable (not essential)
* Solid knowledge of external regulation relevant to payroll and a track record of managing within regulations, particularly HMRC for payroll and benefit taxes
* Able to work accurately and calmly to tight deadlines
* Able to work effectively within a dynamic and changing environment, adapting at short notice where needed
* Resilient character, able to cope with multiple demands
* Team player with strong communication skills and a sense of humour
The Payroll Manager role can pay between £35-40,000 + benefits.