An exciting opportunity for an Assistant Financial Controller to join a very strategic and commercial area of the business.
The role reports directly in to the Finance Director for this division so you have a high level of autonomy and influence on decision making.
Note - the role is only 10% transactional, and 90% of the time you will operate in a full Financial Controller capacity.
A market leader in their field of expertise, based in modern open plan offices in the Chertsey area with free parking provided and very easy access via public transport.
The Management Accountant role involves;
- This is a busy role with focus on nominal ledger, including trial balance and profit and loss calculation. You will be conducting reconciliations and ensuring adequate checks and controls are in place to enable a full review with the Finance Director.
- Along with statutory accounting responsibilities (half and full year); you will assist in the production of external project reporting including cost analysis, cashflows and investor returns.
- To be successful you are likely to be an experienced Management accountant with commercial exposure. This role involves a great deal of interaction with non-finance departments so strong communication skills are essential.
- This role requires a methodical and logically minded person with strong systems knowledge as well as extensive Excel experience. There are opportunities to develop and grow within the role and you will be supported in your learning and development.
The ideal candidate for the Management Accountant will;
- be a finalist level CIMA/ACCA/ACCA
- have a strong Management Accounting background
- will have strong Reporting experience
- have business partnering / interaction with non-finance experience
- have strong commercial acumen
The Management Accountant role can pay between £45-50,000 + 10-20% bonus, company pension, share save scheme, private healthcare, 25 days holiday (with option to buy/sell up to 3 days).
Study support will also be provided if required.