Internal Audit Manager - FTSE 250 Media Company
Joining a newly created Internal Audit team as a Manager in a FTSE 250, you'll line manage one individual, have audit committee interactiona as well as plan & deliver audits, mitigate risks & manage the guest auditor program.
Our client is an international media company. They are listed on the stock exchange and is a member of the FTSE 250 share index.
The main focus of the business is media and publishing so the feel of the office is very media oriented and people focused.
They attract and retain top talent and are looking for enthusiastic and ambitious team members.
The overall group covers publishing, asset management, price discovery, data and market intelligence.
They also run an extensive portfolio of large-scale events.
They have revenues of circa £400m and a market cap of about £1.2bn.
The Internal Audit team is being developed from scratch and we are working with them to recruit for an Internal Audit Manager as well as an Internal Auditor/Senior.
- Lead audits from planning through to reporting and issue management.
- Build and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders across the business to facilitate audit planning and execution.
- Line manager for the team's Internal Auditor.
- Coaching and development of Guest Auditors.
- Preparation of detailed audit reports including recommendations to improve standards of control.
- Continuous improvement of Internal Audit methodology.
- Assist in the implementation of the internal audit strategy as determined by the Head of Internal Audit and CFO.
- Contribute to the development of the Audit Plan and Audit Committee reports.
- Undertake ad - work to advise the business as required.
- Undertake special investigation work as required.
- Ideally ACA/IIA/ACCA/ qualified
- Ideally some post-qualification audit experience in-house
- Proactive self-starter, evidence of being resourceful and problem solving.
- Passionate and keen to learn
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and comfortable working directly with senior stakeholders.
- Capable of influencing key stakeholders to mitigate risks and meet control requirements.
- Experience of managing projects or assignments, with the ability to effectively prioritise work/delivery commitments to achieve timely and effective outcomes.
- Ability to use initiative and comfortable working without constant supervision.
- Brand new Internal Audit Manager role in a newly created team
- Progression to Senior Internal Audit Manager or into the business
- Audit function in early stages of development so room to implement own processes
- CFO & Audit Committee interactions
- 20% travel to New York, Chicago, Hong Kong, Perth and Brisbane as well as other major cities
- City of London base
- Flexible working opportunities
- Media/ Entertainment/ Publishing/Data
- Working with a Head of internal Audit who genuinely cares about his team and is happy to take ideas on board and give you the right opportunities for your desired career goals.