Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2,200 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, the UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than three decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best–practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state–operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results–oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
Based in our Boston, MA office or Chicago, IL office this position will report directly Financial Planning and Analysis Manager and work with the Project Director and other senior members of management in our Education Practice Area. The position will work key project stakeholders to develop, implement and maintain accounting and administrative procedures for a large school district curriculum development project. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to –
- Preparing all invoicing in accordance with contract terms and revenue recognition policies.
- Interface directly with client on outstanding Accounts Receivable items
- Manage financial payments with all project vendors.
- Prepare monthly financial health reports including revenue and expense forecasts
- Meet regularly with Senior Project Managers and other stakeholders regarding finance and schedule issues.
- Weekly management of time and expense approvals.
- Supporting management with meaningful ad–hoc financial reporting to help drive project and business level decisions.
- Monitoring key performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of project budget including template development, data collection, input and reforecasting.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Word.
- Detailed and process improvement oriented.
- Self–motivated go–getter that works well independently and has proven problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in an evolving environment.
- Ability to form and develop relationships with a wide variety of functional roles and organizational levels.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively in fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to compose and present reports, findings and presentations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and ensuring timely delivery to senior management.
- Knowledge of planning and forecasting through spreadsheet modeling.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- 2+ years' experience in accounting or finance