Accountant 1 - Medford
At Public Partnerships LLC, a subsidiary of Public Consulting Group, we are passionate about our mission to be the provider of choice of comprehensive financial management for participant–directed services in the public sector. Our vision is people exercising choice and control of publicly–funded long term services and supports. Established in 1999, we partner with state and local agencies in 24 states to provide financial management services for participant–directed programs. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results–oriented and strive to exceed client expectations. We desire motivated candidates who are excited to join our fast–paced, entrepreneurial environment, and who want to make a difference by supporting an innovative service model (learn more at ).
The Program Accounting team is responsible for tracking the $1 billion annually that is managed on behalf of the public agencies. All programs are set up with their own general ledgers and accounts for which the team performs reconciliations, reporting and analysis as required.
We are seeking an Accountant to assist our rapidly growing organization increase its ability to perform accounting operations and special projects. This role will report directly to the Accounting Manager and will be required to collaborate with team ??members within corporate finance and cross–functionally.
- On a daily basis, monitor bank transactions to approve positive pay and ACH debit transactions.
- Act as point of contact for bank inquiries from project managers and operations staff.
- On a monthly basis, reconcile bank accounts, reconcile and process credit card payments, research transactions as assigned by manager.
- Provide general ledger and reporting assistance to project managers and operations staff.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures and recommend accounting process improvements.
- Record Cash Receipts, electronic and paper payments and apply client payments to invoices.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports to management.
- Support quarterly reporting to internal and external parties.
- Responsibilities may change as the department and PCG\PPL grow and as deemed necessary by management.
- Effective ability to prioritize and manage multiple activity streams.
- Ability to work effectively with, and communicate with all levels of management.
- Must have the ability to manage task load with frequent interruptions.
- Must maintain attention to detail at all times.
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel.
- Possess discretion to work with confidential information.
- Ability to ensure work is accurate, completed and self–reviewed in a timely manner for Manager review
- Skilled communicator both verbally and in writing
- Ability to provide ad–hoc data analysis from within and outside of department in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to diagnose, research, and resolve technical issues independently or as a cooperative member of a team
- Adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1+ years of accounting experience
Additional Experience preferred:
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Navision or Solomon)
- Experience with project accounting
- Experience working with accounting software
- Understanding of chart of accounts and general ledger
- Strong Microsoft office skills (advance excel skills necessary)
- Bank reconciliation experience a plus
- Basic journal entry experience a plus
- Understanding of payroll taxes a plus