We Are Hiring
Accountant – MSC General Accounting – Full–Time, Days – AH Ministry Service Center – Indianapolis, IN
Why Join Ascension?
The Ascension Ministry Service Center (MSC) provides business services for all of Ascension so that front–line associates can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. Some of the services include payroll, benefits, accounts payable and accounting. Over the years, the Ministry Service Center has matured into a central hub of teams providing innovative support to associates across Ascension. Teams at the MSC are often the go–to source for complex transformations, enterprise–wide projects, new services and other work that involves understanding the complexities of a large multi–state organization.
Ascension is a faith–based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non–profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Ministry Service Center, you will have the opportunity to perform planning, coordination and administration of complex and significant accounting activities.
- Prepares and maintains complex and significant journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, account analysis, and subsidiary ledgers.
- Produces financial statements, budget–to–actual reports, and prepares narrative explaining the financial statements.
- Prepares, analyzes maintains, and explains trend information.
- Prepares complex and significant audit and/or tax work papers. Assists with paperwork associated with the annual audit.
- Analyzes and prepares accurate and timely project budgets for both operating and capital budgets, assisting in the appropriate calculation and recording of capitalized interest.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred
- 3 years of accounting experience preferred.
Equal Employment OpportunityAscension Ministry Service Center is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
The Ascension Ministry Service Center participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.