Interim Head of Finance
- Are you an experienced Head of Finance with significant leadership experience?
- Do you have experience working within the charity sector, including SORP?
- Do you have experience of having responsibility for the annual statutory and monthly management accounts?
We are recruiting for a new interim Head of Finance for St Paul's Cathedral; it is the Cathedral of the Diocese of London and the seat of its Bishop. In addition to be a place of worship, debate and resilience - it is a commercial enterprise and is open for sight seeing six days a week, and last year welcomed 800,000 paying visitors.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the interim Head of Finance, for a 12-month fixed term contract, will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting activities and the management and motivation of the finance team. Leading the team to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the organisation's financial performance and results.
Your daily duties will include:
- Produce the monthly management accounts, working with budget holders to provide advice and commentary on key variances and risks
- Plan and manage the annual budget-setting process; draft budgets and scenarios to enable business planning
- Produce the financial accounts, control, review and reconcile the balance sheet, ensuring appropriate controls are in place
- Submit VAT returns and Corporation Tax returns
- Lead on year-end and audit planning and preparation; draft annual statutory accounts for review
- Preparation of financial reports to funders
- Advise on technical matters, in line with the Charities' SORP and any other accounting standards
- Manage and develop the finance team that cover the Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Credit Control and Cash Office functions, ensuring that appropriate procedures and controls are in place
The successful candidate will be an experienced ACA/CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA qualified accountant who has experience of leading and developing finance teams to improve operational effectiveness and performance. It is essential that you have a good working knowledge of charity SORP, financial and management accounts production alongside experience of developing and implementing financial systems; new procedures and controls.
It is imperative that you possess strong interpersonal and communication with the ability to support and communicate with senior stakeholders and management throughout the organisation
It is essential that you have excellent systems skills including varied finance systems whilst being a competent user of Excel, a working knowledge of Dimensions would provide a distinct advantage.