Part Qualified Accountant
Our client is seeking a progressive Part Qualified Accountant role for this time of rapid growth within their business based in Abingdon.
Our client, a market leading and recognised business are currently recruiting for a Part Qualified Accountant role based from they're offices in Abingdon.
The Part Qualified Accountant will be responsible for:
- Preparation of the monthly sales reports - regularly liaising with business managers.
- Preparation of the monthly accounts with variance analysis
- Ensure that Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Preparation of month end journals.
- Assist with year-end audit schedules.
- Review of coding of expenses and adherence with policies.
- Liaise with Finance on month end actuals and debit notes.
- Oversee and check Fixed Asset Reconciliation each month and sign off reconciliation.
- Understand the payroll activities and be able to perform these in the absence of other team members.
- Identify and propose improvements to the finance systems/reporting that lead to operational efficiencies
- Challenge the business decisions/requests made from a financial point of view, working with finance team to review and suggest alternative potentially more cost-effective options that might be available
- Support managers and employees to understand and work within financial systems in place
- Understand statutory requirements that impact on accounting operations.
The successful Part Qualified Accountant will be:
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA or AAT L4 with relevant accounting experience.
- Strong analytical skills are necessary.
- The ability to liaise with and support other teams within the business regarding financial matters.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- The ability to both show and take initiative.
- Previous experience of working in a financial reporting environment.
The salary on offer is £28,000 - £32,000 plus a generous benefits package including study support.