Manager - Audit & Assurance
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You'll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
A career in Audit at Deloitte & Touche Middle East is a key link in the financial reporting chain, putting you in the position of trusted advisor to businesses across the region. Your people skills will be required for the latter, while your analytical mind will be another integral requirement for success. You will need the flexibility to implement our international audit approach while bringing to the fore your understanding of the complexities and unique circumstances of our clients and the business landscape across our diverse region. All this while adhering to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity and technical excellence.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity
During your tenure as a Manager in Audit & Assurance, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Takes responsibility for understanding key statistics and industry matters about entity before engagement begins, for example, by asking other team members and reading the prior year financial statements (including the enhanced audit report) or audit documentation
- Understands allocation of responsibilities between the engagement team and experts or specialists, including timescales and how the work of experts and specialists will contribute to the objectives of the audit
- Coordinates with management and expert/specialists for the key engagement or project deliverables and due dates. Tracks findings of work performed and follows up the impact of work to be performed by other members of the engagement team
- Applies guidance material in relevant guides, practice aids, and tools so that an appropriate level of professional scepticism is reflected in procedures performed, evidence obtained and conclusions reached
- Signs off appropriately on work performed and reviewed. Takes responsibility for meaningful completion of all necessary checklists, procedures and tailoring and concluding questions prior to signing-off. Proactively checks whether others have signed off appropriately and follows up where necessary
- Contributes to the development of a comprehensive project plan, using prior year knowledge to help identify audit priorities that can be performed earlier in the audit cycle. Seeks awareness of contingency plans if the entity's management team fails to meet their deadlines
- Prepares and reviews documentation by anticipating questions that reviewers may ask, including not just the conclusion but the relevant facts, analysis, reference to authoritative literature and professional judgements made in reaching it
- Encourages wider team adopt an attitude of professional scepticism, to have a questioning mind-set and to further investigate as and when appropriate. Is able to identify the key questions to be answered
- Documents objectivity, independence and continuance decisions, checking that sufficient enquiries have been made and that all information has been captured.
- Checks that staff on the engagement have adequate technical knowledge, including industry knowledge, for the areas in which they are working. Provides briefings as required
- Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- 5+ years of experience in auditing, with leading professional services firms or large multinational organizations and systems.
- Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field.
- Successful record of engagement management.
- Fluent in English (Reading, Speaking and Writing). Arabic is a plus.
- CPA, CA, CIA, CISA or equivalent required.
Deloitte in the UAE is part of Deloitte & Touche (M.E.). Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL).
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.