VAT Senior Manager
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You'll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
Our region encompasses diverse tax laws and is part of what makes a career in tax with Deloitte & Touche Middle East a truly stimulating experience. With many corporations operating across several borders, your knowledge of tax will be key to making sure our clients stay on the right side of tax laws and minimize their tax costs. Your people skills will also be engaged as you form a close working relationship with clients, while your technical knowledge will be stretched as you develop expertise across the board in consulting, business, finance and law to craft commercially sound solutions. As you gain experience, you will do so with the full support of a firm that believes in helping you grow and providing you with the skills to succeed.
As a VAT Manager / Senior Manager you will play a key role in:
- Interpreting VAT act, planning and restructuring
- Consulting and liaising with clients locally and regionally on matters of a compliance type nature, checking schedules and issuing VAT returns
- Conducting VAT reviews and client visitations, providing opinions on VAT scenarios for clients
- Advising on VAT savings for clients and identifying exposure in respect of VAT
- Drafting ruling applications and drafting reports
- Reporting directly to the VAT Director / Managing Partner
- Research into local and offshore legislation and case law
- Advising on management issues associated with the VAT department, such as work-in-progress monitoring
- Offer marketing VAT services to existing and new clients
- Presenting and conducting VAT training workshops for clients
- Mentoring and guiding VAT new joiners / juniors
- At least 8 – 10 years of VAT experience gained within professional services
- Excellent client facing, relationship building and business development skills, coupled with commercial awareness
- Demonstrate leadership and problem solving skills
- Excellent research skills and strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to be proactive, identify opportunity and take early responsibility
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments
- Ability to tolerate pressure
- Attention to detail
- Availability to travel within the GCC
- Excellent English skills (Reading, Speaking and Writing)
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field
- Strong academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.3)
Deloitte in the UAE is part of Deloitte & Touche (M.E.). Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL).
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.