Assistant Internal Auditor
Your role as Assistant Internal Auditor will be to travel to branches nationally and conduct internal compliance audits, promoting risk management and utilising the business's control framework to make recommendations.
You will be working for a homegrown, Northern Trader with branches based across the country. Each branch enjoys the freedom of operating independently but it is the role of Internal Audit to ensure consistency when it comes to mitigating risks across sites.
As Assistant Internal Auditor, you will:-
- Undertake internal compliance audits across branches
- Review operating systems and processes (including transaction testing), sample stock counts and high level financial overview of branch performance. Audit working papers are to be produced to document findings and an audit report completed for each visit.
- Discuss Audit findings with the Branch Manager.
- Consider theft and fraud within all aspects of the internal audit process.
- Follow up on branches audited, ensuring Audit recommendations have been implemented.
- To produce and maintain audit files and working papers to a consistently high standard.
The successful candidate could come from an Audit, Compliance or stock control background, as well as be comfortable with travelling nationally.
A great package is available including study support.