As an Accounts Assistant, your role will be focusing on the ledgers and cash within the business, reporting to the Ledger Supervisor.
My client is a well-established Engineering firm based in the Bournemouth/Christchurch area. Due to an employee moving up on in the business, they need another Accounts Assistant to join the team in Bournemouth.
As an Accounts Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with various departments to ensure adherence to authorisation procedure of supplier invoices.
- Posting of approved invoices onto in-house Stock System - Envision and matching with Purchase Orders
- Posting of invoices to Accounting system - Sage 200
- Assisting managers and staff within the Finance Department to ensure that staff floats and expense claims are processed.
- Carrying out filing duties within the Finance Department.
- Assisting staff within the Finance department on various ad hoc exercises.
- Processing and reconciling of credit card receipts against card statements.
- Reconciliation and payment of miscellaneous foreign Purchase Ledger supplier invoices.
To be successful in your application, you should have:
- Systems proficiency in Excel and a solid working understanding of Sage 200 accounts software packages or similar.
- A strong character able to manage suppliers in what can be demanding circumstances.
- Ability to work with a variety of departments and people at all levels.
- A focused and determined individual who can oversee the processing of very large volumes of transactions, managing a team of people and an outsourced function overseas.
- Must have the desire to be hands-on as required.
- Ability to work in a complex operating environment and engender confidence through your involvement with department heads, senior management and financial staff.
- Confident individual with strong communication skills at all levels and across all disciplines.
If you are successful, you should expect:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Benefits