Credit Data Scientist
36 Hours p/w
As part of the Credit & Risk team within Brand Finance, you will be responsible for Interrogating large volumes of data from a range of sources and presenting opportunities back to the business.
About the Team:
You’ll be working in our 15 strong Credit & Risk team within the Finance department. Our analysts have to be well rounded and able to draw on not just their strong analytical skills, but also project management and business knowledge. They are a hardworking but social team that have the chance to work with some of the key people in not just Finance, but also the wider business.
About the Role:
This role would best suit someone with strong analytical skills who has a strong grasp of SQL and or SAS who is proactive and enjoys getting stuck into complex problems.
- Create, interpret and present analysis on Next Credit projects including profitability, bad rates, incremental sales calculations and regulatory work.
- Work with teams from around the business to understand problems and opportunities and gather requirements for model building.
- Run IFRS9 provisioning (PD, LGD, ECL and Lifetime calculations) model and enhance / improve modelling techniques with the support of the wider team.
- Support the forecasting of interest income and future losses through the creation and development of models.
- Lead and support Directory Debt projects co-ordinating and managing various stakeholders.
- Complete Directory Debt reporting, innovating and automating where possible.
- Work with the Directory Debt Accountant to complete balance sheet reconciliations by providing analysis
- Understanding of data science techniques covering regression, classification and segmentation problems.
- Excellent communication skills - comfortable presenting to a range of audiences and converting complex data into understandable actions.
- Have excellent SQL and or SAS and Excel skills.
- Have a keen interest in all things credit and risk and the impact of this on a retail business.
- Consistently work with a high level of accuracy.
- Be highly analytical and a logical thinker.
- Have effective communication skills both written & verbal.
- Be willing to get stuck into complex problems showing a proactive approach to solving them.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Closing Date: 26th Jul 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.