Operational Payroll Manager
This market leading retail business are on the lookout for an experienced Operational Payroll Manager to join their team. The role will sit on the senior board for the UK and play an essential role in overseeing the operation of payroll and benefits.
Our client are a true market leader within the retail sector and recognised house hold name. Recent acquisitions and developments across the business have created the need for an Operational Payroll Manager to join the senior management team in the UK.
Operational Payroll Manager Responsibilities:
- Monitor KPI's, support & guide countries to ensure accurate & timely reporting. Share practices and drive consistency with an aim to improve operational efficiency and improve accuracy in pay.
- Ensure consistent management of all 3rd party payroll impacting providers.
- Oversee continuous improvement with a large drive around developing benefits and rewards schemes
- For new projects that impact payroll, engage, oversee and approve the definition of payroll functional requirements and understand upstream process impacts.
- Train and develop senior heads within the payroll function
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in local markets (GMs and Local HRBPs) ensuring alignment of objectives and deliverable.
- Provide advice and guidance to relevant stakeholders on the operational & technical aspects of Payroll.
- Drive cost reduction across the payroll platform in all markets, through adoption of centralised operational processing, application of standardised processes and delivery of a consistent service model.
- Enable the ongoing identification of operational & regulatory risk.
- Engage, oversee and approve any Payroll change within each market
- Monitor the ongoing effectiveness of all key payroll controls across each market, and enable the ongoing identification of operational & regulatory risk.
- Ensure all changes are robustly tested to ensure implementation is line with approved payroll functional requirements, with no negative impact to individuals pay.
- Manage the delivery of payroll related projects
- Develop a close working relationship with the HR teams, to facilitate the management and prioritisation of all Payroll related projects and changes across all markets
Operational Payroll Manager Requirements:
- Proven track record in an operational payroll position
- Detailed operational knowledge of payroll & experience of management
- Track record to managing benefits schemes
- Experience with HCM Platforms
- * Detailed knowledge of taxation, national insurance, benefit in kind and PAYE settlement agreement rules
- Demonstrable experience in HR and Finance Operations
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership & stakeholder management skills across all levels of management
- Deep understanding of operational risk and experience in identifying & implementing controls to mitigate such risks
- Effective communication skills
- Strong MS Office skills
Whats on Offer?
- Onsite parking
- Opportunity to join one of the UKs most recognised brands
- Highly competitive market salary