Internal Audit - Commodities - Audit Manager -VP
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18070314
Internal Audit - Commodities - Audit Manager -VP
Competittive Salary Offered
Fu nction background/context:
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role ensures the timely delivery of high quality; value added assurance and audit reports for a subset of a product line/function entity, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
The Audit Manager will be based in London and report to the London IA Markets Audit Director. The role will focus primarily on supporting the audit coverage of the Commodities business globally, with a particular focus on supporting the local coverage of EMEA and APAC Commodities business activities that report into the Global Commodities business line. The role will involve the risk assessment, annual planning, business monitoring and supporting the audit execution and reporting for the Commodities activities described
• Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
• Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate) branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
• Lead audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
• Applies recognized expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
• Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
• Assists in the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
• Collaborates across businesses and functions to improve the identification, quantification, measurement, management, reporting and controls in governance, risk management and internal control environments.
• Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
• Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
• Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
• Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
• Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
• Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
• Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues. Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Senior Audit Manager, Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
• Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews.
• Reviews Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
Qualifications and Competencies
• BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
• Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
• A solid business understanding of Global Markets products, especially those associated with the Commodities business.
• Demonstrates experience in managing audit teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
• Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit stakeholders
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date: July 18, 2019