Do you have an eye for detail, a head for business and a sound understanding of finance? If so, there could be an opportunity for you to join our Dublin office as Tax Trainee.
Your initial focus will be on managing tax compliance across all countries, including responsibility for providing technical tax guidance to the Primark group
Working with Primark colleagues and external advisors all over the world, you’ll make sure corporation tax returns are prepared, reviewed and filed on time in each country we operate in. Transfer pricing, tax planning, audits and compliance are your bread and butter. And as our retail business continues to expanding globally, so do the opportunities to learn, meet new people and grow on a personal level.
What we’re looking for
- Great communication skills. At Primark, we’re all in it together. And that means communicating to all levels of the business, right from day one.
- Self-motivated. We’ll give you the space to have ideas, and the autonomy to do things your way, but you must be proactive in working to strict deadlines.
- Commercial awareness. You’ll always keep an eye on the industry at large, looking out for commercial trends and reporting the impacts these have on Primark.
- A good work ethic. The environment is very fast-paced, and you’ll need to collaborate with lots of different stakeholders across multiple teams. So bring your positivity and don’t be afraid to share your ideas.
- Strong organisational and planning skills. You’ll be juggling many responsibilities to strict deadlines, so the ability to prioritise is key.
- Financial acumen. Not only will you be working closely with the finance teams, you’ll also be expected to keep up to date with the latest tax and regulatory requirements. You will be working towards, an Accounting (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent)/Tax (AITI) qualification
Why work with us?
There’s the competitive salary, of course. But our team in Dublin covers many different countries, giving you the opportunity to work with colleagues from all over the world. We give our people more responsibility, and the freedom and space to grow and do things their way. And we have a huge programme of structured learning and development to help with that, covering everything from mindfulness sessions to developing your presenting skills. What’s more, you’ll also be part of a busy, friendly work environment with a gym, café, canteen, choir, book club, running club and plenty of open space to think.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.