Head of Tax
36 Hours p/w
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and ambitious Tax professional to join the Finance department as the Next PLC Head of Tax.
About the Team
Our Tax team play a crucial role in ensuring the business pay the correct amount of tax across all our business areas and ensuring tax compliance in a range of tax areas including corporate tax, employment tax, VAT and customs.
As the Head of Tax you will gain exposure to many areas of the business and work proactively to support new initiatives in this ever changing retail environment.
About the Role
- Report into the Central Finance Director and be responsible for ensuring Next PLC maintains a “Low Risk” rating with HMRC and continues to uphold strong tax governance in line with the published tax strategy.
- Review annual corporate tax computations for all group and associated companies in accordance with relevant statutory requirements (UK and Overseas) as well as reviewing tax budgets and cash flows.
- Ensure that year-end and half-year tax accounting and ETR maintenance is fully achieved and communicated with clarity. You’ll also monitor and control the cost, timeliness and quality of professional advice to ensure that Next obtains value for money service.
- Build strong relationships with a variety of externally and internal customers such as HMRC, local tax authorities and a range of senior managers to ensure that tax is fully considered as part of any business initiative.
- Continually review tax processes during and after implementation.
- Significant exposure to large businesses
- ACA/ACCA/CTA or Tax Inspector Qualified
- Management experience including leading and developing tax teams
- UK corporation tax experience – compliance and advisory
- International tax experience
- Significant knowledge of tax software; Alphatax in particular
- CTA level tax knowledge
- Operational knowledge of employment taxes
The Hiring Process
Following CV screening you will be informed if you have been success at this stage via email or the phone, so please keep any eye on your inbox.
All interviews will take place at our Head office in Enderby, Leicestershire. If you are successful you will be invited to attend a first stage interview which will be based on your current and previous experience. Second stage interviews are likely to involve a personality profiling test which is designed to understand your preferences in a work environment.
Where possible, Next endeavour to support all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply for this vacancy please contact us at email@example.com or call on 0116 2842635.
- Company Car
- Fuel Allowance
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Business Dress Allowance
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
- Accommodation or Transport costs
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Closing Date: 19th Jul 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.