Finance Analyst, AIS Impairment Team
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The role is part of the Accounting and Information Services (AIS) unit within Finance Services and will involve responsibility for the timely delivery of Impairment Reporting in accordance with Central Bank and Statutory reporting requirements as well as internal management purposes.
The AIS unit also comprises other teams, namely, General Accounting, Pension Fund Accounting and Fixed Assets and the role will offer the possibility to gain exposure to these activities.
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the role is to deliverimpairment data to key stakeholders to enable the Bank to fulfil its Statutory and Regulatory duties at each reporting period.
- Gross carrying amount & Impairment loss allowance reconciliations as part of the monthly Impairment process to be completed each month with any differences to be escalated and/or investigated.
- Statutory & FINRep Note production - quarterly production of statutory notes for submission to Financial Control to include maintaining data sourcing processes, producing note templates and managing internal communications.
- Development- Assist with the on-going development and improvement of reporting, systems, processes and procedures to ensure AIS deliver a service to the Group with maximum efficiency and data integrity.
- Maintenance of EUC controls - ensure compliance across all working files with EUC controls.
What is the opportunity
The opportunity is to:
- Broaden your knowledge of the Statutory and Regulatory process for IFRS9.
- Develop your problem solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Develop your organisational, planning and communication/stakeholder management skills.
- Recognised accountancy qualification.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 3+ years' experience in a Finance related role in financial services.
- Used to working to tight deadlines
- Strong organisational and analytical capabilities, the ability to work on own initiative as well as operate as part of team
- Enthusiastic committed self-starter with proactive, flexible approach to problem solving
- High degree of professionalism with a high level of attention to detail
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience with SAP, BCS and BEX
- Experience with Credit MI
- Experience with FINRep tables and Statutory Notes
- Customer Focused - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jul 19, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.