A bookkeeper role within an Accountancy practise in Oxfordshire. This role has a wide scope, and lots of room for progression and development.
This client is an award-winning practise based in South Oxfordshire, focused on high levels or organisation and excellent systems and support structures, with extensive training programmes for all employees.
The key responsibilities for this role include;
- Preparation of monthly bookkeeping for clients including sales and purchase invoice processing
- Bank & credit card reconciliations
- Prepare monthly journals such as payroll, depreciation, accruals and prepayments and month end procedures and reports
- Prepare VAT calculations for different VAT schemes and submit VAT returns and EC sales lists
- Opportunity to learn different accounting software packages
- Work with your own portfolio of clients from different industries helping them achieve their success
- Opportunities to learn new skills and even progress towards becoming an accountant.
The successful candidate will be;
- Previous experience of working within an Accountancy Practise OR qualified to at least AAT Lvl 3.
- Methodical and precise with an exceptionally high level of attention to detail
- Systematic and organized focusing on accuracy and the quality of your results
- You like a structured environment with excellent processes, where planning and thoroughness are valued
This role offers an extensive benefits package to the successful candidate, examples of which are listed below;
- 22 days initial holiday per year growing to 30 (plus the public holidays)
- Training and exam funding (including additional time off for exams)
- Flexible start and end time within a 35 hour working week
- Annual bonus scheme (enabling you to earn an additional 10% of your salary)
- Private health care scheme
- Full induction programme
- Free parking